Twenty Things I wish I knew 40 levels ago: fortification edition
1. Build up, not out - in a nutshell, make your towers as strong as you can before moving to another island. As a teammate told me, this is a game of rage, and the more room the dragons have to fly, the more rage they build up. Take away the rage and the dragons are weaker. (Thanks Mandingo!)
2. Don't harvest resources ("rss") until you need them - if I figured correctly, it takes about 12 hours to reach the harvest cap for resources. Raiders can't take what you haven't harvested (or not much of it, please correct me if you know which is right!), so if you wait to collect until you need it you'll have it. (Thanks LordScalia!)
3. Build your base strongest to weakest - meaning highest level towers are what an attacking dragon comes to first. I thought that the base island, or the last island, had to be the strongest because that's where I started. Trick is actually keep any attackers from getting that far. All of your weakest towers should be here - if an attacker gets that far they've usually beat the base at that point anyway. (Thanks again Mandingo!)
4. Save speedups for fortification events - now I do use these in other events, but sparingly. If you save, you won't need to forge or buy as many in the event itself. (FYI - I only forge 1 hour timers and only in the fort events)
5. Invest in double wood boosts - they cost 1,000 rubies in the forge or you can get them as event prizes. One thing I just recently noticed is that not only do they double production, but they also protect twice as much from raiders
That's all for now! Thanks for reading!