9. Learn to euse all 3 dragon types. Warriors are easiest, but for me hunters are the hardest. They are critical in higher levels (I'm guessing starting with green/gold tier). I hate hunters personally - totally due to user error lol - but I just got Borgeon in the Summer 17 event, so I'm working to change that. (yes, this will be a future blog topic!)
10. Adding spells to dragons - at first I thought you could only add spells to the same dragon type, i.e. sorcerer spells to sorcerer dragons. Not true! If you have the spell to add you can add it to whatever dragon you want. My favorite combo is a warrior dragon with Summon Warrior spell.
11. You can use your dragon perch(es) to get experience for your dragons. The ones I need to level (after breeding level) I'll put on the perch. The don't get a lot of experience here, but it's a way to level 11 dragons instead of 10
12. Watch out for the League Chat default - make sure you're in Team Chat before you say you have resources!!
13. XP boosts - can be found in chests or purchased in the Forge. Well worth it at 50 rubies per boost when you're trying to get a dragon you're not fond of to breeding level. I only use these during xp runs with the 5/4/3x experience boosts (first 3 runs of the day with any dragon)
14. Don't be afraid to hop on with a high level player on an xp run, or as a higher level player to follow you on a base that gives you max xp. To find my max xp, I always look a the bottom most players listed in the matchmaking list - the xp listed for those bases is you max xp. Even if you follow and just destroy the base, you can get a lot of XP!
15. DO NOT USE YOUR EGG TOKENS UNLESS IT'S A BREEDING EVENT! After you get your 10 dragons in your roster you should start this. More points for you and your team and helps you to concentrate on leveling your current dragons.
16. If your team has xp and chest farms, use them. These are created to help players level their dragons. Please make sure you lose to these bases at least once a day to help keep them in active status. If your team doesn't have these, ask around for some.
17. Make sure your towers are boosted, and that you put runes on them that match the defense towers that are on the island they protect. Make sure if you move your towers around to change the runes. Runes can be removed with rubies to save or move.
18. Twitch app - there are several really great players, plus the PG team, that have regular Twitch broadcasts (CoachJPop, ImanGHR). If you can't catch them live, watch the replays. I've learned a lot about the game and strategy from watching these. Also, YouTube is a great resource as well.
19. Elite account - now I did this about 2 weeks in, and I can't live without it! It almost doubles how fast you earn resources, build and level dragons. Don't let it run out!
20. HAVE FUN!!! Remember this is a war game, but it's still a GAME. Have fun and don't let anyone who is out to cause trouble ruin it for you. I've almost quit several times over "drama", but this is MY game that I'm playing, not anyone else's.
OK that's my 20 Things...comments and suggestions are welcome! Next week will be my personal ratings for Orange Tier Dragons!