One last thing to note for any new player: find a guide and stick to it! There are several, Amoebas is the one I follow, but I very often check it against Supermans and Red's to keep progressing.
Red tier dragons
The spotlight for this tier is easy as Kinnara clearly stands out in strength and use-ability. Armed with Chain lightning and summon warrior, she was a great dragon to have at that level!
Purple Tier Dragons
- Huli: I found Huli to be pretty meh despite his chain lightning spell
- Garuda: Had heard good things about this guy, chain lightning and invincibility shield, but still couldn't get excited about running him.
- Trollis: Havoc made this guy runable really
- Dactyl: Again, with havoc he wasn't too bad
- Borg: I liked Borg a bit better but was still reluctant to use a hunter. Borg came with Havoc again and lock-down.
- Klax: Favorite part about Klax was self-destruct merely for entertainment value. He's a good dragon from what I have read, but again....hated hunters stage. I did rename mine after my good friend kamiOZZIE due to his spell :D
- Gog: Loved Gog at this point of the game with his explosive shield
- Arborius: Rejuvenate and Explosive shield made Arborius a beast! Easily the Star of the Purple Tier!
Blue Tier Dragons
Blue Breeders: Kromon, Jura, Sahran, Baldr are breeders, with Yanari, Kobahl, and Vazir not necessary for breeding and IMO not strong enough to waste the tokens on.
- Etzel: Really the only sorcerer in this tier worth the rss past breeding. Freeze and summon are great spells and I quickly came to love this little dude.
- Bolt: Loved death gaze! but moved too fast through blue to give him much use.
- Viscus: Couldn't bring myself to bother with him past breeding level
- Drude: I had fun running Drude. He had healing mark so was good at this level
- Grypp: Has explosive shield so was ok
- Kelsis: Was a bit help at this stage with battlecry and cannon resist which I started coming across more and more of
Next blog post will cover the Orange and Greens tiers :)