Personally, I don't see myself building too much this event, maybe raise my turrets another level as I have them all ready to use shards, but as I said in my previous post, I like the level I am at at the moment. this may just bring me to my next milestone though! That and I used speeds to raise me to 126 prior to training event in order to unlock my big guns so I am not as stock piled as I would like to be. ***Update 6/22/2017 - after an hour in the event, I have blown just past my milestone LOL! Level 133 and a ton of dragons to level ***
These tips have been gathered from many sources and from my own experiences in the past with this event and honestly is probably a better read for a new player in prep for the next fort even as it relies on stockpiling certain items.
Fortification Event Points:
- Turrets - 1 shard = 20 points (fire and ice)
- Pearls - 1 pearl = 20 points (perches)
- Embers - 1 fragment = 20 points (flaks and totems)
- Lumber - 10 lumber = 1 point
- Food - 10 food to upgrade rss buildings = 1 point
- Save! Save! Save! Speeds, lumber packs, shards, fragments, and pearls for this event. Try not to be tempted to use these items outside a fort event. If possible, try to keep all base growth for this event as well.
- In the hours leading up, find a buddy to play hot potato with the lumber you have. This is usually when I start a lumber production boost. Keep the lumber mobile so you cannot be raided and it accumulates.
- Be online just before the event should start and raid!! Many will not be and will have storage's over flowing. This is honestly the best time to gather it. After the first half an hour or 45 minutes, it will be very hard to find!
- The Den is the best place to start as it uses a ton of wood and only takes a few seconds to complete therefore not depleting you of speeds.
- If you do need to gather a large amount of wood during the event, to avoid being raided - keep it moving! Coordinate with teammates sending back to you when you have enough to do a major build like storage or builders hut.
- Forge speedups like crazy! Mine are always forging 12 hour speeds, there may be a better use for my forge but at this time, the speeds are more valuable to me.
I have seen a few note a tip to make decent points building a ton of fire and ice turrets to level 11. This trick uses 2.1k shards and 15.3k lumber each, usually resulting in 43.5k points a piece.
I will admit, I did this my first Fortification event and while I did indeed make decent points, I am also now stuck with a ton of lower turrets in my storage! This does little to help me now and I do not recommend being tempted to do this. Just my opinion though.